- This policy is based on our goal to provide our visitors with quality information and resources while maintaining personal privacy.
- By visiting the Sites, registering with us or contacting, you signify that you understand and agree to the collection, use and transfer of your information (including your personal data) under the terms of this policy. If you do not accept, or do not wish to be bound by this policy, please do not use the Sites.
- “Personal data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, such as your email address, name, shipping and billing address, telephone number, financial information, user names, any form of identification number or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
2. Information We Collect From You
- When you access our Sites, we collect different types of information, described as “access information”, “contact information” and “third party information”, below. Some of the information we collect will be personal data relating to you, and we will be subject to certain obligations in respect of such personal data.
3. Access Information
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your geographic location, IP address, operating system and browser type, device type, bandwidth, etc. for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We will only share anonymised statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns from the Sites which cannot be used to identify any individual.
4. Contact Information
- When you contact us via the Sites or otherwise (for example, by clicking a link to send us an email or if you telephone or write to us), you may provide certain personal data about yourself including your name, contact details and address which will be stored by us.
- You may also give us information about you by filling in forms on the Sites. This includes personal data you provide when you register to use our Sites, subscribe to our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Sites, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Sites. The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- You can also create an account on our Sites and subscribe to our services using your social media profile. If you select this option, we will automatically collect selected personal data about you from your social media account. The personal data we collect depends on your social media privacy settings for sharing such personal data, and may include name, profile picture, age range, gender, language, country and other public information.
5. Third Party Information
- We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, search information providers, credit reference agencies, advertising networks, advertising exchanges, data management platforms, content recommendation platforms and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them. Depending on its nature, this third-party information will either be “access information” or “contact information”, as described above. We will take reasonable steps to notify you where your personal data is received from third parties as required.
8. Providing Information Is Your Choice
- There is no legal requirement for you to provide any information at our Sites. However, our Sites will not work without certain “access information” described above. Failure of your browser to accept “cookies” will not prevent your use of our Sites but may prevent certain features from working.
- For any “contact information” that is requested on a Site, failure to provide the requested information will mean that the particular feature or service associated with that part of the Site may not be available to you.
9. How Long We Store Your Personal Data
- We will only retain your personal data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements and rights. In line with this policy, we will either securely delete or anonymize your personal data so that it cannot be linked back to you.
12. Email Policy
- Insider Inc. offers email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive emails, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter.
- We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address for commercial purposes without your permission.